17.7.11

Trend translation: Alice In Urbanland

Miu Miu Resort 2012 collection makes me think about Alice in Urbanland. This girl clearly has chosen a chic, yet witty style.  She could have been be the kind&fancy aunt who enjoys five o'clock tea parties, but she had chosen lively colors and patterns and she turned into an easy-going and romantic girl next door.
My favorite elements? The black leather skirt and the charm bracelets.
What I dislike? The gloves, too dusty and preppy. We don't wanna' look like aunt Mary Jane at our wedding.

Translation of the outfit
I came up with two different outfits that try to recreate the original. The skirt and the charm bracelet were kept in both versions. Which one do you like more?



 Selection from: Asos , Dorothy Perkins, Accessorize, Sarenza, Office Shoes, Quelle.

I think gloves and bow tie are too much if worn together, so for the first outfit I chose some delicate cream gloves and for the second one a little black bow tie. I really like the effect given by the elegant bow tie, the basic T-shirt and the wild leather skirt (second version). I also love to combine warm colors (T-shirt, bracelets and briefcase) with black (bow tie, head-band) and metalic shades (heels, skirt).

For the first version, I picked a more sophisticated blouse, lacquered beige heels for a glam touch and a lovely cyclamen purse to enliven the outfit.

I would wear the first outfit to a day-time party and the second one if I have to study/work until late and in the evening I have to attend some kind of casual event (cocktail with hubby, cinema with my bestfriend, girls' night out). In this case, I presumably don't have enough time to go home and change, so I must pick something which will work out during the day and during the evening too. This outfit is a good choice. For example how cute and practical is the flowery briefcase? However, I would wear the bow tie only in the evening and I would wear flats instead of heels in the morning.

Degree of difficulty? Low. You can  build up this kind of outfit by starting with the classic leather skirt and a T-shirt in a bright color. That will be the modern part of the look, the marks of the Urbanland. The accessories represent the dreamy part.

Timespan: 10 mins until you find your old leather mini skirt. Another 10 mins until you try on various T-shirts and blouses. 5 mins to choose bracelets, heels and the head band: now you move fast as you are falling into the rabbit hole.

So...are you ready to be Alice in Urbanland? It will be easy and fun, as fun as it was writing this trend translation.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is really informative, I have a massive weakness for leather stuff, and i'd kill to have that leather skirt! :)

    really informative and wonderful blog, totally following you! Please do check out mine and follow to if you like it :)

    xx
    Erika
    http://www.erika-t.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    thanks for your compliment on my blog. But you could read my blog in english or in another language. At the right side is a translation button. There you could choose your langugage and then read my posts in the language you have choosed.
    Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika, thanks, I am following you too!

    Sarah, that's cool then! I haven't seen the translation button.

    ReplyDelete